Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Where Am I Going?


                      
Life they say is a journey, and I am sure that whoever they are are hoping that when we arrive at our destination we will like it. Infact I rather like the idea of everyone meeting in the same place at the end of the journey, and deciding that the trip was so good that after a rest they will be ready to start out again and again with all the excitement of anticipation.

 Somehow though I feel we really are, -and I should speak for myself,- missing this excitement. Maybe it is because I really don't try hard enough to experience a sense of immediacy that lets me enter  a relationship with life that seeks to nurture each moment, and create within myself the capacity to release anxiety and concentrate on my own ability to survive any situation that emerges, be it unpleasant, frightening, or simply uplifting and enthralling.

Fear with me is certainly a prominent issue, and were I  able to let go of this fear I might be able to actually enjoy many moments that seem on the surface unpleasant. This may take a readiness to accept pain and discomfort in a way that stimulates the body,mind and senses into a level of sensitivity that can absorb the pain and transform it into a positive experience.  Think of mystics and spiritual sages, and their ability to move into this sphere.

 Meanwhile I do my best to keep Life as a positive journey,moving each moment hopefully with as much true, simple enjoyment  and appreciation as I can.I don't wish to see everything my way to the exclusion of a tolerant, caring,wise interaction with others.  I hope to develop with them and the world I live in an empathy that is perhaps able to lift us to the turning point of pain. 

 I hope  infact that the journey will grow more positive and more exciting along the way, so that when the journey ends,  the destination will have developed into an inmmediacy in my experience that is simply an extension of the journey, in an infinite moment of timelessness.
                            Maureen.

No comments: