Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Are Rules Ruling Us?

 
                                        Dove of Peace.-----Watercolour and oil pastel.

Are we becoming so enslaved by rules that we are sacrificing the freedom that they should be preserving? Having worked in Education for many years I am well aware of the need for an ordered, disciplined approach, but I am aware too that each human being  has an individual right to his freedom within limits that consider the  respect  for, and dignity of others.

 Perhaps the root problem is the fact that the mass consciousness has become attuned to a degraded acceptance of human dignity, and the need to work together with an altruism that rises way above an egoistic motivation to a true desire to discover wth genuine love what is best for everyone, has been lost.

 I feel that this motivational force for goodness would allow humanity to raise itself to a level of living where rules as such would become obsolete, to be replaced by an absolutely sychronised peaceful movement into life and living,  harmonising totally with a cosmic order,  inherently bound to an integration and balance that is perfectly attuned.

 I also believe  that humanity will achieve this level of living, with the expansion of consciousnaess and the depth of spiritual insight that this requires. I long for this with hope,  and because it is a vision that has persisted with me and inspired me over the years with what I consider  pure Truth, I am convinced that it will indeed actualise.
                                                               Maureen.

No comments: