Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

OH YES----THOSE WERE THE DAYS.

Mary Hopkin made this recording in 1968, it was produced by Paul McCartney under the Apple label. English lyrics are by Gene Raskin, but it was originally a Russian song with words written by the poet Konstantin Podrevskii.

.



Oh yes-for me those were certainly the days !  The music, the dance ,the carefree feeling of hope and adventure;  the dreams, the sense that wonderful things could and would happen, and the world would find itself in peace.
  As in  the song, I am older now and not much wiser.I suppose though I am still that romantic idealist,dreaming dreams and holding in my heart the most beautiful vision.Perhaps if I hold on tightly enough and believe deeply enough, it will come true.
     Oh,- I hope so.
                              Maureen


No comments: