Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

SATURDAY MORNING WORKOUT-----LET'S DANCE!.


The weather is becoming hot already here, which makes long walks more difficult. I need to keep up the exercise though, and its not time yet for outdoor swimming.

    Yes!- I have the anwer;-----DANCING!- A DANCING WORKOUT!
THERE IS NOTHING STRANGE IN THIS,-I love to dance. I feel too that dancing must be one of the most natural, beneficial and enjoyable exercises that we can do.   There is an instinctive impulse in everyone that not only wants to dance , but needs to dance.
I am sure that when we dance we are entering into a relationshhip with ourselves that allows the whole being to emerge and function in a healthy integrated way;we move in harmony with body, mind and spirit and feel more truly alive.

 Physically we are breathing more deeply, the heart is pumping the oxygen more efficiently, the joints are activating the synovial fluid, the muscles are stretching and relaxing in a strengthening movement that is natural and coordinated.

  Mentally we are using our concentration and coordinating faculties to stimulate the brain in a way that it responds to with interest., and spiritually we are animated with a rhythmic flow that lets us feel uplifted, inspired, graceful and free.
Infact kinesthetics can come into play here ,so that as we visualise this grace, this flexibility, seeing the spine elongate, the neck arch, the limbs sraighten, with enough faith, this is able to actualise.----  I am holding on tight to this belief!---Yes dancing is wonderful!

 So I have decided to put aside time every day to pursue this activity and develop it into a simple workout that I accept as part of my daily exercise and my moment of creative, refreshing energising. I believe that the movements should be spontaneous and individual, simply a free, creative expression of how you feel, -no set steps. Latin American music, I enjoy, especially Putamayo I am also a fan of 60's music,--- both need a lot of energy!I am not a professional dancer, far from it;-I am certainly not an athlete;----I simply love to dance, and I know this must be good for me in all ways. Happiness releases endorphins, doesn't it?

Yes,- I am persevering, and better still, I love it! I have built up from two ten minute sessions,(one morning, one evening) to two twenty minute sessions, and I intend to keep on building!

I love the sense of freedom that this gives me,just dancing all alone. We have a small, but long open -plan apartment and it's great dancing along its length. Thank goodness we are not overlooked!

                                                  
  Ofcourse I am happy to work it into the Oasis Activities if there is interest.---Just let me know!
Meanwhile,-keep well and happy, and if you love to,- just keep on dancing!
                     Maureen.


2 comments:

Bunty said...

Would love to be a fly on the wall :))

Maureen Hughes said...

Bunty,-I think even the fly on the wall would have a shock!