Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Keeping the balance -and enjoying the moment.

An Evening on the Terrace.

I tend to be someone who loves Life, loves being creative;-I can't live happily without a sense of animation and vibrancy, I love interacting with people, ---the trouble is, I'm also very sensitive, very susceptible to stress.





I know that all the time I need to try to keep a balanced approach amid the often confusing situations that each day brings. For me the way that helps most is the holistic attiude, where the focus is kept on a sense of wellbeing that tries to harmonise the physical and spiritual, and a balance between being active and being still. ---I really need to give myself time for this stillness.






For me stillness is found in many ways,-usually simple: maybe a short evening meditation by candlelight,maybe watching a lovely sunrise or sunset, we are so lucky to live with a beautiful view through the window.









Sometimes as I paint a lovely scene, my mood becomes reflective and leads me deeply into a stillness that is so peaceful.












Summer Fields-Acrylic on stretched canvas.





Whatever the way, I know that I need this stillness, just as much as I need the activity; infact the energy for the activity isn't there without it, I find that the stillness is really the very source of the energy.






















I try to incorporate this philosophy into my work activity, and ofcourse it is a natural follow-on. The 'Wellbeing Evenings ' are a blend of this stillness and activity, with a view to releasing stress and really enjoying the moment. So when a small group comes along we enjoy ourselves with an informal mix of relaxation , meditation exercise, social chat, and ofcourse light refreshments with a wholefood emphasis. The aim is to relax, feel more positive, lighter and happier.











If you live here in Malta, and think you and several friends would enjoy a 'Wellbeing Evening' just contact me . I like to keep the groups small ,so three or four people is a good number.





For more info:-
















Maureen.






No comments: