Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

I PAINT AND I DREAM FOR A WHILE.-----

'Dreaming'----Acrylic and oil pastel on stretched canvas
.
How can I look out every morning to see the sailing boats gliding serenely by, and not wish to paint them? Ocourse I have to!

 This painting  is a few years old now, residing in the home of the daughter of a friend. When I send a painting away I always hope that it will bring peace and joy to its new owner. I suppose as I paint, I push  in those good vibrations so that they become integrated into the art work and belong there naturally.

I suppose too a part of my soul goes with the painting. The child in the picture is really me, with the sense of openness,innocence,  trust and wonder that I wish to preserve.The day dreaming in the child's vision is his reality, lifting him into a beautiful world that he  makes his own.

Anyone can be that child. His dreams become their dreams,  his world becomes their world, and for that moment they become one.
Maureen.

'Every artist dips his brush into his soul and paints his own nature into his picture.'
Henry Ward Beecher.




No comments: