Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

PALM TREES AND PINEAPPLES.


Ii has often struck me how similar pineapples are to palm trees.Yesterday when they trimmed the trees across the way from us the similarity was very apparent.

I find however that the two are not related in any other way. Pineapples are apparently Bromeliads and grow from berries.- So you live and learn!

These trees don't offer such welcome shade now, hopefully they will soon grow again.I  think  not before this heatwave ends unfortunately!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, thanks a lot for a really interesting blog, I do
not typically post responses but valued your blog post and as a
result decided I would say thanks ~ Lucy
Here is my web-site ; garden designs

Bunty said...

That's interesting. Would have thought the pineapple is definitely related.